Welcome to my website. I would like to tell you a little about myself and my practice. Before I begin, let me point out that I use the name Higher Power for God on other pages in this website. If you have another name that depicts your relationship with divinity, I invite you to substitute that name as you read. Since the following is my story, I will use my name for the divine – God.
My roots are Jewish. As a young girl, not only was I exposed to anti-Semitism, I was raised in an emotionally unhealthy family environment. I learned early on that my safety was in being invisible and holding closely onto my thoughts and feelings. Consequently, I became fearful and withdrawn, and I “stuffed” my feelings, not only mentally, but with food.
I grew up with the belief that God was an authoritative and verbally abusive male deity, represented by my father. As a result of this and other detrimental core beliefs, I grew up with the fears of men and God, of being attacked and of being a presence in the world.
In later years, my body developed Crohns Disease, a chronic illness in which the body’s immune system attacks the gastrointestinal tract. In knowing what I know now about destructive memories, it isn’t any wonder that my body reflected my emotional eating and fears by manifesting such a disease.
This message from my body brought me to a juncture in my life and I had to make a choice, either change my fear-based beliefs and behaviors … or not, and die. I chose change.
In seeking healing, my perception of God shifted to a loving God, and my walls of protection came tumbling down. I sought out alternative holistic medicine. My health began to improve. As I gained the ability to transform the destructive memories I’d been carrying in my soul, I realized my quest had revealed the foundation for my life’s work. I asked to be in service. Upon my asking to serve, I began to receive, and still am receiving invaluable knowledge and wisdom intuitively.
In listening to divine guidance, I was led to the services I now provide and the components of the Higher Power Prayer and MeditationSM technique that activates healing love energy within the body.
As my own healing progresses, I awaken to more of my gifts from God that I can extend to others. I have a passion to promote harmony between people of different races, religious and spiritual beliefs, and it grows stronger daily. My practice is geared toward empowering people for successful living by teaching alternative holistic methods. I know the process of mental, emotional and spiritual growth is part of God’s divine plan for me … and for all of us. As we heal individually, we have opportunity to participate in healing “the whole.” We can create love and peace among humanity and manifest heaven right here on earth!
May peace and abundance be yours,
- Spiritual Director, certified by the Center at Benet Hill Monastery, Colorado Springs, CO
- Angel Therapy Practitioner®, certified by DoreenVirtue, Ph.D.
- Trained in Spiritual Mind Treatment by the United Church of Religious Science
- Trained in the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Self-studies in mysticism and natural laws
- Founder of the Higher Power Over FoodSM program
- Developer of the Higher Power Prayer and MeditationSM technique
- Power of Mindfulness trainer
- Co-founder of the New Beginnings with Food workshops
- Guest speaker at Colorado College Department of Religion
- Guest speaker at TOPS meetings
- Faculty member PILLAR Institute for Lifelong Learning, Colorado Springs, CO
- Various volunteer opportunities at Mountain View United Methodist Church, Woodland Park, CO
- Former prayer team leader Unity Church in the Rockies, Colorado Springs, CO
- Former spiritual companion for SET Family Medical Clinic in Colorado Springs, CO
- Former spiritual mentor for Pikes Peak Mental Health in Colorado Springs, CO
Disclaimer: I am certified as a Spiritual Director (mentor) and Angel Therapy Practitioner®. I do not claim to be a therapist or health care professional. I do not prescribe medical treatment. The training I provide to clients is not a substitute for medical or psychological care. Always consult a licensed health care professional about any medical or psychological concerns you may have.